Like any other devices, realme smartphones are not immune to errors and malfunctions. Most of the minor malfunctions can be easily fixed with a simple reboot, but in some cases, hard methods are required like performing a hard reset. In this article, we will discuss how to reset realme phone to factory settings, what methods exist and when to return the smartphone to its original state.
Whenever you consider selling your smartphone or passing it on to someone else or you simply need a fresh start, a factory reset is necessary. You might want to consider factory resetting your realme smartphone if it is not working quite as it should (at least from a software standpoint). This blog post will guide you on different ways using which you can reset any realme smartphone to factory settings.
Before that, let’s find out what is factory reset, why, and how to use factory reset?
What is a Factory Reset?
Factory Reset also known as hard reset, master reset, or hardware reset is a system, operation that removes all user content and settings for the device and restores it to factory settings. The device is returned to the default factory state. Users can reconfigure the device from scratch, as they did instantly after purchase.
Factory reset is a software restore and aims at resetting the software found in the device to original manufacturer settings. It can be used to resolve some software issues associated with the device or simply to wipe all user data from a device.
Note: During the reset, you can’t turn off or forcibly restart the phone, otherwise it might not turn on at all.
Why Should You Do A Factory Restore?
- Serious data corruption or other serious errors cannot be resolved.
- Want to remove all old software and programs and get it back to how it was when you first bought it.
- Need to back up and remove all personal data because you plan on selling the computer or giving it away.
A factory reset effectively removes all the user data, third-party applications, associated application data, and settings found on the device. It is similar to hard drive reformatting in a computer. Nevertheless, data present on other media, such as a secure digital card, is not affected by a factory reset.
A factory reset is an action that must be executed with caution, as it can erase all data stored on the device. A factory reset is not advised for all electronic devices or in all conditions.
How To Factory Reset Any Android Phone
On most smartphones, you can reset your phone through the Settings app. If you can’t open your phone’s Settings app, you can try factory resetting your phone using its power and volume buttons.
We recommend checking your manufacturer’s support site for device-specific instructions.
Preparatory Procedures Before Factory Reset
Before doing a hard reset on realme devices, you need to perform several preparatory steps. Following are some of them:
- Remove the memory card as it may be cleared along with the internal storage.
- Make a backup of your device and copy and transfer it to your computer. To do this follow the below-mentioned steps:
How To Backup realme Phone and Transfer Backup To Computer
- Go to the System Settings and open Advanced Settings. Scroll down the page to Backup and Reboot.
- Click on the first tab Backup and Restore. At the bottom, click the big blue button.
- Check the checkboxes to select which data you want to keep. You can back up contacts, messages, call logs, system data, and installed applications.
- When you have decided on the data you want to back up, tap Start.
- Confirm the action and wait for the backup to complete. Tap Finish.
- Connect your realme phone to your computer via a USB cable and transfer the folder to your hard drive backup, which is stored in the root of the phone’s internal memory.
How To Reset Realme Phone To Factory Settings
We’ve prepared step-by-step instructions for factory resetting on the Realme. Below will be described several ways to use the system and hardware hard reset. There are multiple methods you can use to factory reset any realme smartphone, be it the realme C3 or the realme X7 Pro 5G.
- Reset using Settings
- Hard Reset using Recovery Mode
- Reset Settings
- Reset using Google’s Find My Device
How To Hard Reset Realme Phone Using Recovery Mode
This method involves switching off your smartphone and using the recovery mode to reset it. While this is not recommended for casual users, this option comes in handy in some instances.
- Start by completely switching off your smartphone.
- Hold down the Volume Down and Power keys together for 5-10 seconds.
- When the realme logo appears on the screen with a small text at the bottom, release the buttons.
- Now, choose the desired Language.
- Select Wipe Data to hard reset the device
- Here, using the volume rocker, choose the YES button to reset the device.
- Once done, click on Reboot System Now on your device. The device will start your device in factory condition.
How To Reset realme Phone via Settings
This next method is the easiest of the bunch and can be executed easily. Here’s how to reset your realme phone to factory settings:
- Go to Settings from your app drawer.
- Scroll down and find Additional Settings.
- Head over to the Backup and Reset menu.
- Choose the Erase All Data (Factory Reset) option.
- Now click the Erase All Data button to factory reset the device.
How To Reset Settings on realme Smartphones
Sometimes you might experience some problems in your device, and you want to factory reset to make all settings default. There’s a useful option in realmeUI, which does the same:
- Start by opening the Settings app from your app drawer.
- Scroll down and find Additional Settings.
- Click on the Backup and Reset menu.
- Here, you’ll find a Reset System Settings Only option. Tap on it.
How To Reset realme Phone Using Google’s Find My Device
This is a remote factory reset of your Realme phone. Suitable if you have lost your realme smartphone running Android and want to delete personal information so that it does not fall into the hands of intruders. You’ll need a computer or another phone to do this procedure. Here’s how to remotely wipe realme phone using Google’s Find My Device –
- Open android.com/find in a web browser and sign in to your Google Account.
- Now, select the name of the device you’d like to reset from the top.
- Next, tap on Erase Device. With this, you’ll notice several prompts as a warning. Press on Erase Device and enter your Google Account password.
We’ve discussed how to reset realme phone to factory defaults. There are four reliable ways that will help in different situations. With that said, how often do you reset your smartphone? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.