With realme UI 1.0, realme gave Android 10 to a lot of devices and it has quite a few issues of its own which are being fixed continuously with monthly security patch updates. But in case the user wants to roll back to Android Pie which was based on Color OS 6, it is now possible. realme X2 rollback build makes it possible for users to go back to Android 9 if the current one is not of their liking.
Your realme X2 will need to be on C.11 or newer builds. You need to have a backup of your data, as flashing this rollback build will wipe your storage. You must also have more than 60% battery to avoid any issues while downgrading.
Note: realme X2 has 2 versions available, Please go to System Update and check whether you have AEX or EX.
How to rollback to Android Pie on realme X2!
- You need to be on the C.11 or newer builds
- Download and place the downloaded file in the root of internal storage, (directly in the Internal storage, not inside folders)
- Click on the downloaded rollback file
- Select ‘Upgrade Now’ if you decide to rollback.
- The Process will take a few minutes and you will be downgraded to Android Pie
- Can I still receive an update reminder of realme UI or ColorOS 6 after rollback?
No, you will not receive any update reminder once you roll back.
- How to update to the latest version?
If you want to update to latest version, you will need to download the file and update manually.
- What about Security patches?
You will be back to the previous version security patch, and you will get new security patch when you update
This is a welcome move from realme as realme X2 users can finally rollback to Android 9. realme Central aims to become a one-stop solution for realme users across the globe, join us on Twitter, and Telegram.